Five Tips for Using Astrology in Everyday Life
1. Use Astrology to Make a New Start
If you feel ready to make a new start, astrology can help. The key is to work with the cycles of the moon. The best part about this is that it’s easy to do.
- New moons: New moons represent a new start. This is a two-week period in which fresh ideas and ventures can take root and grow.
- Full moons: Full moons bring things to fruition and can signify endings as well as the fulfillment of your hopes, wishes and dreams.
In short, things that happen just after a new moon can flourish, while events that occur during the full moon signify a culmination of the things that have gone on before it.
You can use new moon energy for:
- Visiting a new locale
- Conducting job searches
- Beginning relationships
- Scheduling important meetings
- Staring a new exercise program
Avoid New Ventures During Retrograde
Mercury retrograde is a phenomenon that takes place about three to four times a year where it appears as if Mercury is moving backwards in the sky. It is the worstpossible time to sign a contact, begin a new project, or purchase a big ticket item. When Mercury goes retrograde, the air is filled with static that causes confusion. You may lose your keys, send an email to the wrong person, or have your travel plans interrupted. In light of this confusion, don’t begin anything new during this time.
Time to Take Care of Past Issues
Mercury retrograde is not all bad. This period is a wonderful time to do research, revisit old projects, or get in touch with people from your past. It’s a good time to speak with former supervisors about job openings, have dinner with an old lover, or catch up on paperwork or errands that you’ve overlooked up until now. In short, it’s a good time to take care of things from the past.
3. Use Astrology to Find Love
Astrology can help you find love if you’re looking for it, but you’ll need to have your birth chart with the correct rising sign handy.
If you have your chart and there’s a new moon:
- Find your Venus sign.
- Find the house where Venus is located in your birth chart.
- See the sign located on the cusp of the house. For example, you may have Venus in Libra located in the eleventh house, and your eleventh house may be in Virgo.
From there, try to find a way to “activate” your natal Venus in some way. Note that these tips apply to both and men and women.
- Venus in the first house: Try a new style or makeup look.
- Venus in the second house: Find a new way to spend your time, preferably in an activity that helps build your self confidence.
- Venus in the third house: Take walks around your neighborhood or, if applicable, have an outing with your sibling (s).
- Venus in the fourth house: Spend some time beautifying your home, or consider practicing meditation right before bedtime.
- Venus in the fifth house: Engage in a fun activity. This can be a game, a sport, or anything that is fun for you to do.
- Venus in the sixth house: If you like animals, consider adopting one. Beyond that, think about getting more fit by jogging or joining a gym.
- Venus in the seventh house: Partner up with a friend when going out.
- Venus in the eighth house: Visit bookstores to investigate metaphysical topics, or take some personal time for one-on-one counseling.
- Venus in ninth house: Travel beyond your neighborhood; explore far and wide.
- Venus in the tenth house: Update your looks, and let everyone know you are looking for that special someone.
- Venus in the eleventh house: Join a group, a committee, or some other kind of organization.
- Venus in the twelfth house: Update your personal style (planets in the last house often reveal themselves in the first house of self). While you’re doing that, take time to delve into your psyche in a positive way.
4. Use Astrology When Gardening
Astrology can also help when it comes to working in your garden. Certain activities are best undertaken when the moon is in a particular sign or signs.
- Moon in Cancer, Scorpio, or Pisces: This is a good time to plant, transplant, and graft plants. If you miss those moon dates, you can also perform these activities when the moon is in Capricorn, Taurus, and Virgo.
- Moon in Capricorn: This is the right time to build or fix fences and garden beds.
- Moon in Aries, Gemini, Leo, Sagittarius, or Aquarius: This is the optimum time for controlling pests, plowing, and weeding.
- Moon in Aries, Leo, or Sagittarius: This is the best time to take care of any pruning that needs to be done.
- Moon in Virgo: This is a great time to clean out and organize the garden shed.
5. Use Astrology to Guide Gift Giving
Never feel stumped again when it comes to shopping for a friend, family member, or lover. The key to finding the perfect gift lies in the placement of Venus in a person’s birth chart. This is because Venus not only influences love, it also rules your likes and dislikes. In light of this, let Venus guide your gift giving.
- Venus in Gemini natives love receiving electronics.
- Venus in Aries natives like anything that’s brand new on the market.
- Venus in Cancer natives might appreciate something for the kitchen or garden.
Put These Astrology Tips Into Action
Astrology is an esoteric subject, but it also has everyday, practical applications. Start with these tips for using astrology in everyday life and see what develops. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain!